The residence permit certifies your right to stay in Romania for the whole period of your studies. You can obtain it from the territorial units of the General Inspectorate for Immigration from the city where you live.
Once you are done with the enrolment in the university, you have to apply for the residence permit.
If you come from a Non-European country you must apply for the residence permit at least 30 days before the expiry of the right to stay granted by the visa.
What documents do I need for the residence permit?
The following documents must be submitted:
- application (completed and signed)
- passport (original and copy)
- letter of acceptance (original and copy)
- proof of payment of the tuition fee (original and copy)
- certificate from the university you study stating that you are enrolled (original)
- proof of accommodation (original and copy)
- proof of financial resources (account balance with min 2750 euros – original)
- medical certificate (original)
- copy of the valid visa (only for those holding one)
- copy of the last entry to Romania
How to apply for the residence permit?
You have the possibility to submit the documents through the online service, available at https://portaligi.mai.gov.ro/portaligi/ in order to receive an official appointment and to reduce the waiting time.
You can as well apply directly at General Inspectorate for Immigration from the city where you live. Make sure that before arrival you hold all the required documents.