The oldest medical institution in Transylvania, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine is one of the most prestigious institutions in Romania offering top education. It ensures a modern, high-quality medical education system in accordance with international standards.
Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine or UMF CLUJ is located in the city of Cluj-Napoca, the fourth most important city in Romania. Home to a dozen higher education institutions.
Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine enrolls more than 5000 full-time undergraduates, master students, doctoral students, and medical residents. The students are distributed across three faculties: medicine, pharmacy, and dentistry. In addition to teaching in Romanian, the university offers sections in English and in French.
The university has been awarded the “High Degree of Confidence” status by The Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS) which is a member of several bodies of Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education and has several other international accreditations.
Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine – Admission documents
- High school diploma (Baccalaureate diploma) – Certified copy and a notarized translation into Romanian
- Transcript of records (9th – 12th grade) – Certified copy and notarized translation into Romanian
- Birth Certificate – Certified copy and notarized translation into Romanian
- A copy of the document specifying the permanent home address in the country of origin(issued by the respective Town Hall or the Prefecture)
- Certified copy of Passport (pages 1,2,3,4)
- A medical certificate from the country of origin or residence containing a proof of hepatitis B vaccination, information whether or not the candidate is registered as suffering from chronic diseases, a mention that the candidate does not suffer from contagious diseases or other diseases incompatible with the future profession, and the candidate’s psychiatric evaluation.
- 6 photos
- Proof of file processing fee – non-refundable
According to the list of high-school diplomas recognized by the Ministry of National Education in Romania for the registration of the foreign citizens, other mandatory documents must be submitted as follows:
- Italy: The certificates issued after passing the baccalaureate exam in Italy;
- Spain: Pruebas de Aptitud para el Acceso a la Universidad, calificación Apto
- Greece: Panellinies Exetaseis – the certificate issued following the
National Examinations for General High Schools from Greece;
- Sweden: certificate issued by Verket för högskoleservice from Sweden;
- USA: SAT/ACT scores
Future students are admitted based on the assessment of the school performance and personal achievements( file-based competition). The evaluation criteria are:
- baccalaureate average
- baccalaureate exams in biology, chemistry, physics,
- extracurricular activities
- letters of recommendation
- letter of intent
Studyinromania.com guides admission to the Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and manages the entire enrollment process. Entering a university is an important step in your life. Let the professionals assist you at every stage of admission.