Admission Requirements for medical studies
If you wish to attend medical studies in Romania 2020 – 2021 you should know that the admission requirements differ from university to university. The application process is carried out in 2 steps:
- Online application – your data and your documents are uploaded online (via studyinromania.com)
- Sending the physical file to the university
You can find here the list of Romanian medical universities.
Candidates will be selected according to the own selection criteria established by each university. In most universities candidates are admitted on a file-based competition (by assessment of the school performances and personal achievements).
The minimum condition is to hold a high school diploma or its equivalent from an accredited high school in your country of origin and to have studied two relevant subjects for the medical field. Once your application is validated by the university’s admission committee and you are selected, your file will be sent at the Romanian Ministry of Education.
The Romanian Ministry of Education verifies your file and then issues the acceptance letter to the non-EU/EEA students, or certificate to the EU/EEA students, thereby allowing you to study at the universities in Romania. Failure to receive the Letter of Acceptance/ Certificate denies your enrolment.
If you wish to study in English, you have to prove your proficiency with an official English exam – TOEFL, IELTS, CAMBRIDGE.
However, international students can be exempted from presenting a language certificate, if the language is official in your country or you have done your previous studies in English.
The admission documents are:
- High school diploma (Baccalaureate diploma)
- Transcript of records (9th – 12th grade)
- Birth Certificate
- A copy of the document specifying the permanent home address in the country of origin(issued by the respective Town Hall or the Prefecture)
- Certified copy of Passport (pages 1,2,3,4)
- A medical certificate from the country of origin or residence containing a proof of hepatitis B vaccination, information whether or not the candidate is registered as suffering from chronic diseases, a mention that the candidate does not suffer from contagious diseases or other diseases incompatible with the future profession, and the candidate’s psychiatric evaluation.
- 6 photos
- Proof of file processing fee
With studyinromania.com you can increase your acceptance chances. If you have questions about the application process or need guidance in choosing the right university please do not hesitate to contact us.